I have many migraine triggers. Heat, humidity, and change in weather make the top of that list. That really bites because of the excessive heat warning we are under this week. Not to mention the thunderstorms of these past 2 weeks.
Keeping away from all other triggers is my main goal. Then the morning brings me #2 on my list – Hello Little Miss Period, is it that time already! Uuggghhhh!!!
Here I am in my room, behind closed dark curtains, keeping calm, cool and hoping to keep the pain away.
More Migraine Triggers:
- Alcohol – I can’t drink anymore
- Noise – loud tv, repetitive thumping
- Smells – usually only a big deal when I’m already on my way to misery but if I’ve hit items on the list it moves things along that much quicker
- Missing Meals – usually missing one meal doesn’t do it but forgetting to eat two in a row, I’m in trouble
- Too much caffeine – I had to give up coffee years ago… still, crave it
- Not enough caffeine
- Too much sleep
- Not enough sleep
- Skipping preventative meds (not a cure just stops the everyday pain)